Berlin Travel Diary #3


2/01/2016




Hello! As you might have noticed, a few things have changed over here - I finally took the plunge and changed my blog name! If you follow me on social media, you'll probably know that I've been going on about changing it for the best part of a year, but I just couldn't decide on anything I really liked better than A Stitch To Wear. Then a few people did suggest blogging under my own name, but I was never sure because, well let's be honest here,  my name isn't very cool or interesting is it! After thinking about it a bit more seriously though, I decided to go ahead and change my domain to my full name because I already use it across all other platforms anyway, so it sort of streamlines my social media, which is great! I really didn't like the look of it as part of my blog design though and nothing makes me more uncomfortable than poor design! After wrecking my head for quite some time, a friend of mine suggested Ron; which is a nickname I've had for ages. I thought it was a bit silly at first but then I started writing it out and thinking of designs and I loved it! I went to Kyo Studio for a custom design and I can't recommend them enough. They had it perfected for me in less that 24 hours and I'm so pleased with how it's turned out. 

Please let me know what you think in the comments section below because I would really appreciate some feedback on the new name, design and also what sort of content you like to see the most! I can't wait to get sharing new looks with you too. In fact the main reason I wanted to change up my blog was so it would reflect my personal style better; so much has changed since this blog started out as A Stitch To Wear two years ago and I'm really pleased to have a space that reflects where I'm at now. I hope you all like it as much as I do!


This is my third and final Berlin travel diary, as I don't want to go too mad just because I have so many photographs! However if you would like to see more from our trip then you can pop over to my Instagram here where I shared a bunch from before Christmas (warning: prepare to scroll forever!)

Most of these photographs were taken in and around Mitte. We spent a lot of time walking around Rosenthaler Platz; it's great for places to eat and it's full of cool little shops too. Rachael and I both absolutely love Asian cuisine and if you do too, I would definitely recommend you try Aiko, Sushi Circle and Transit. Sometimes I catch myself daydreaming about the incredible sushi we had! Pro tip: go there, eat everything, come home and proceed to hate yourself for not being able to eat the amazing food all over again! 


When we booked this trip, I thought I would photograph loads of outfits and spend every day planning new content for here, but it rained almost every day and I was secretly glad to be honest because I really did just want to have a holiday! It was just what I needed after a tough few months; we had so much fun exploring every day and drinking every night! We were also celebrating five years of friendship, so we wanted to go a bit crazy. You only yolo once as they say!

We went to so many great bars all over the city; some of my favourites were White Trash, Zur Fetten Ecke, 8mm, Wowsville. I guess each neighborhood has a different sort of nightlife so it really depends on what you like to do on a night out. I personally loved the rough and ready dive bar vibes around Kreuzberg; which is also home to the infamous Burgermeister! I never thought one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life would be from a former public toilet, but I guess stranger things have happened... If you love good burgers and handsome bearded men with tattoos, I recommend you check out Revolver Burger. The halloumi burger is out of this world! 


I think I've covered most of the highlights in my travel diaries, but if you have any questions let me know! We had such a wonderful time; I've talked about the food but it really was amazing, the beer was great, the people are lovely - so helpful and really fun! The city offers so much to do, there's lots you can squeeze into just a few days. It's also really easy to get around, but I'd recommend picking up a map or downloading an app such as Citymapper, just so you can work out which station to get off or change at. I also thought it was really affordable considering all the stuff we did. I think I spent less than I expected to and that includes a few wild nights of going over budget! We managed to score some super cheap flights too which I think worked out at just under 100 euro for two returns. I can't wait to go back!

Are you planning a trip to Berlin? 











1 comment

  1. Your pictures are so great!
    Makes me wish I could travel, but for now I'm glued to home until I graduate.

    Also, when it comes to blog renaming, I think you're having all the right thoughts. And I like the new name and the design of it. It highlights something for you, and that's what your blog is all about. :3

    Here's to growing!

    ReplyDelete

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .