New Do


12/02/2015


Hello there! It's been a while hasn't it? If you've been following me on my other social media platforms then you'll already know that I've been taking a little bit of a break from blogging to focus on my health. I'm doing really well these days and I'm working on a new updated blog post to fill you all in on my treatment and how I've been dealing with my chronic pain lately. So keep an eye out if you're interested in that side of things!

I have so much content that I want to share here, especially from my recent holiday in Berlin - which was outrageously good by the way! If you follow me on Instagram, then you already know I had an amazing time. I think I shared maybe 5 million photos of my trip on there, I don't know, maybe more? You know me, Insta-obsessed! If you don't follow me on Instagram, you can do so by clicking here - if you like! It was honestly such a good trip, if you've never been then please stop reading this and book yourself some flights immediately. Seriously, get out of here!

Anyway, back to business and as the title suggests, I've chopped my hair! Now, I've been gradually going shorter and shorter since the beginning of Summer because my hair was in such awful condition. At first I think it was pretty dry at the ends because I had gone a few shades lighter and had some balayage highlights through the lengths of it, but then towards the end of Summer it was breaking off at the ends because I was sick and my immune system was at an all time low. I really wanted to grow it long but there was absolutely no hope for it, so I chopped it off in September into a sort of long bob. I actually loved it so much and couldn't understand why I held off doing it for so long. There's something so liberating about cutting off of dry, lifeless hair! 

I can say been doing well health wise, apart from the odd bad chronic pain day. At this point, I'm a professional sick person and I can deal with those days as they come! However, my body still needs time to recover from it all, so I decided to chop my hair even shorter so it can have a better chance of growing down in the best condition it possibly can. I always, always get my hair cut in Hedonist Hair in Belfast. If you live there, I urge you to try them out because they are honestly so good. I've tried and tested so many different salons, but these guys just get me. You know? They really listen to what I want, I never leave  feeling unhappy, plus they do amazing student discount. I couldn't be happier with my new haircut, which was very carefully considered by the wonderful Hugo, he's my guy! Hugo also brought me down a few shades darker for Winter, which has made my hair look way healthier too. I really like my hair dark and I think it'll keep it in and around this shade while I'm growing it.

While we were deciding together how short I should go and what style I should get my hair cut into, we also planned how I'm going to grow it longer eventually, and how I'll shape and colour it over time. So not only did I leave with a great new hair colour and cut, but also a really clear idea of how I can look after my hair and a vision of how it's going to evolve over the next 12 months. My hair usually grows out into a complete mess so I'm really happy to have Hugo looking out for it's future!

To be honest, I wasn't really feeling up for blogging while I was unwell. Obviously because I needed to rest but also I just didn't feel very confident in my appearance and I felt like my hair and skin looked terrible in photographs. However, I'm actually feeling really good these days, which feels nice to say and I think it really shows in these photographs. I feel happier and more confident with my own personal style, but also within myself which is the most important thing. I guess it's true what they say, if you look good it helps you feel good, and cutting my my hair off feels like a perfect way to wave goodbye to some of the scariest weeks of my life. It might not sound so bad but being told you have pre-cancerous cells in your reproductive area is very scary! Thank you so much to Hedonist Hair for always looking after my mane and thank YOU all for sticking by my blog even though I've been rather quiet. You're the best!

You can find out more about Hedonist Hair over on their website here or their Facebook page here. Photography by Rachael Gordon  (looking cute as always!)



4 comments

  1. Yay! You look gorgeous, the new hair really suits you and as always, I love your outfit. I loved following your Berlin trip and can't wait to go next week - glad you're back to blogging! xx

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie! Hope you have an amazing time, can't wait to see your photos! x

      Delete
  2. Aww this post was great, as ive only just followed you recently i was unaware of your illness. You seem to be doing amazing! I also loved your snaps from Berlin & i need to book tickets immediately! Really love this skirt too, im heading to belfast today so I'm f its still in store its mine haha. Ive really been contemplating booking into hedonist the next time i need a haircut ive heard so many brilliant things about it. Such a long comment lol

    http://shutterandscribble.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Naoise! This skirt is a great staple, and I think it's still available online too. Oh I know, it's hard to find the right hairdresser for you! Honestly though, they are great and you get 25% off as a student too! Not to bad eh? I'm loving your blog by the way! x

      Delete

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .