Berlin Travel Diary #1


12/16/2015














Hello there! I'm so happy to finally share with you some photographs from our trip to Berlin. For those of you who do not follow me on Instagram, and therefore escaped the outrageous holiday spam, let me fill you in with a few key details here. Rachael and I have been friends for five years now and we're so close that even our friends like to joke about how we're basically a married couple. I used to think it was sort of childish to refer to friends as "best friends" but honestly, Rachael really is my best friend and I feel so lucky to have her in my life! To celebrate our little five year "friendaversary" we decided to take ourselves off to Berlin. I genuinely had the time of my life and feel serious post-holiday blues now that I'm home. That city has my heart!

As you can imagine, Rachael was snapping away the whole time and we have so many photographs from the trip, and they're all so lovely! I want to share as many as I can with you on here, so I'm going to do a few different posts instead of just a big one with everything in it. Here are some of the photographs from a day we spent in Tiergarten, which is the biggest public garden in Berlin. It's totally gorgeous to walk around and it's close to lots of popular historical tourist attractions. Most of the statues have been restored but if you look closely, you can still see some bullet holes in some of them from the war.

I didn't want to bring loads of clothes with me on the trip because I really wanted to treat it like a holiday without worrying too much about blogging. I definitely didn't worry about much at all on this trip because I was too busy having a laugh! I basically lived in this hat, coat and backpack the entire time, but I managed to wear a different outfit underneath it every day by rotating the 10 or so things I brought with me! Hands down one of my favourite things about Berlin is how effortlessly people style themselves, while still managing to look amazing. I felt absolutely no pressure to get dressed up for a night out, I just stayed out like this all day and applied some fresh lipstick en-route to the bar. A lazy girl's dream!

If you look closely, you'll also spot the massive hangover I was wearing that day... like I said, I really did treat this holiday just like that, a holiday!

Anyway, I can't wait to share the rest of the trip with you here. I hope you're all having a great week!



Outfit: Coat & Hat - Penny's, Top - New Look, Pinafore, Shoes & Earrings - Topshop, Backpack - ASOS. Photography by Rachael.

7 comments

  1. Love it :) cant wait to see more!
    http://shutterandscribble.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photos so much. The atmosphere in them, the colours, everything.
    And yes, friendship > marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are absolutely stunning! They really do put my Berlin diary to shame haha hope you had an amazing trip hun x

    Sophie Elizabeth
    www.popcornandglitter.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I love your look! ♥ You look like you fit right in in Berlin! Love the denim dress, especially.
    Hope you enjoyed the trip and can't wait to see so much more of it! ;)

    Alive as Always

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These photos are mesmerizing! I have that denim dress too, it's so gorgeous on you xx

    joseypage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are so so gorgeous. Sounds like you had a fab time in Berlin, it's good that you didn't really think about blogging while you were there, just enjoying the city. Love that there isn't really any pressure to dress up for nights out as well, so good! I would love to visit Berlin. Been scrolling through loads of your posts, I love your blog! Found it through Instagram, followed you on Bloglovin!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .