Yellow Submarine


3/31/2014



Yellow Submarine is one of Belfast's newest vintage stores. Situated in the very centre of the student quarter, this newbie is a very welcome addition indeed. The shop is three floors tall, packed with classic pieces, retro treasures and affordable vintage – perfect when you are on a student budget, like me! The bottom floor is home to an impressive record collection, with a treasure trove of furniture and clothing found upstairs. 


The name is a tongue-in-cheek nod to The Beatles of course, the original 1960's style icons. My friend Rachael and I always have so much fun vintage shopping, I love it so much because you never know what you are going to find. Our visit to Yellow Submarine was no exception, the place is crammed with gorgeous vintage clothing, including footwear and accessories. 


Everything from vintage clothing for both ladies and gents, to furniture, vinyl, artwork and literature - you name it, they have it! For a place with so much going on, it really is incredibly organised. This store has something for everyone, including the lovely little "chap room" where adoring boyfriends can sit back and relax while their ladies enjoy some retail therapy.


The lovely Charlotte guided us through room after room, each one filled with it's own vintage wonder. At the very top of the building we discovered a little room lined with classic novels, this is where I felt somewhat in my element. You see, I am pretty good at balancing books on my head it seems. I am not sure if that is a skill I will ever need to use but, you never know!


If you ever find yourself in this part of the world, make sure you take a trip to Yellow Submarine. In the meantime, you can visit their Facebook page here.


I hope you all had a lovely start to you week!


xo, Karen 




Outfits c/o Yellow Submarine Belfast. Photography by Rachael.

9 comments

  1. Those outfits are so beautiful! And I really love your yellow nail polish with the blue dress, it fits perfectly. Great post :)

    xoxo - http://thefrenchelie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I need the Kate Bush poster- amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment Ellie! :-) Gemma you should pop in and see where they got it from! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is beautiful and I wan all of your clothes. Can I have them please? lol
    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these photos - so cozy. You look absolutely so sweet! ♥

    Diary of a Singer-Songwriter ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! Love the broderie anglaise frock, want it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are sensational! Feel like I'm looking into the past, so pretty! :)

    Fee
    http://pingle91.blogspot.ie/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! You are all so lovely :-)

    Grace that dress what only about £7! It didn't quite fit me but it would look great on you x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would spend my all time in this place <3 The climate is amazing !

    ReplyDelete

A Stitch To Wear © . Quinn Creatives .